Spiceworks Voice of IT surveyed 246 US IT pros to learn about their needs and pain points related to remote access.
Key survey findings include:
- 65% of respondents stated that less than 25% of their company’s employees work remotely, while 21% state that more than half of their employees work remotely at least once a month.
- Nearly 75% of respondents stated they’ve noticed an increase in the number of remote/mobile workers at their company in the past five years.
- More than 60% stated their company had invested more in security and networking equipment over the last five years.
- The top concerns when supporting remote/mobile workers are: handling the increased security risk caused by mobile devices, lack of visibility and control of mobile devices, and increased use of unsanctioned cloud-based applications.
- 96% of respondents stated their remote workers need access to files and apps that are behind the company firewall.
Learn more in the full report.